The Agonist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Agonist Forum

To Discuss the femme metal band The Agonist.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
And2DieIsEasy
The Boss
The Boss
And2DieIsEasy

Female Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : That Wasn't Random At All
Registration date : 2009-01-16

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind Empty
PostSubject: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Canada’s female fronted band THE AGONIST strikes back with their second full length, "Lullabies For The Dormant Mind." As a first impression of this effort, the two brand-new tracks “The Tempest (The Siren's Song; The Banshee's Cry)” and “Martyr Art” have been posted at the band’s freshly redesigned Myspace site.

The quintet, born in 2004, covers a wide range of styles from classical to black metal. Their debut album, “Once Only Imagined” (2007), caught the eyes and ears of many musicians and music fans alike, and their sophomore album, “Lullabies for the Dormant Mind,” set to be released on February 23, 2009 (Europe) and March 10, 2009 (USA), will once again prove the diverse talents of these young musicians. The a cappella version of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake is only one example of the band’s musical abilities as it exhibits Alissa’s wide range of vocal skills and professionalism as a singer.

Produced by Christian Donaldson (Cryptopsy, Mythosis), "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind" exposes new facets of the band and touches upon classical, jazz, opera, grindcore, thrash and black metal influences in a complete metal opus.
Back to top Go down
https://theagonistforum.forumotion.com
Black_Passion_Diamond
Keeper of Peace
Keeper of Peace
Black_Passion_Diamond

Male Number of posts : 55
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : Do I need to say?
Registration date : 2009-01-16

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm afraid this new cd won't be as heavy the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
i_swim_with_toasters
Website Idiot
Website Idiot
i_swim_with_toasters

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 am

I absolutely love the name for the album. It's just... moving, I guess could be the correct word.
Back to top Go down
Death_Dies_Hard
Waiting Out The Winter
Waiting Out The Winter
Death_Dies_Hard

Female Number of posts : 52
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist/Piercer
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 pm

I love the new songs. From the new look I didn't expect the songs to be as heavy before. But they made the older songs sound soft.
Back to top Go down
http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind
Page 1 of 1